April 22, 2022 Update:
Provincial masking requirements are being extended in health-care settings, including dental offices, until June 11, 2022. Dentists, staff, patients and visitors are still required to wear a mask in the dental office.
The Ministry of Health continues to require that all patients are screened
before being treated.
North Warden Dental Centre is committed to the safety and well-being of our patients and staff. We have updated the clinic protocols and trained our staff to keep everyone safe. We are following the guidelines of the RCDSO, Public Health Ontario, and the Ontario Dental Association.
Here are the following protocols that have been established to ensure everyone’s safety:
Booking Your Appointment
- We will ask all patients pre-screening questions at the time of booking.
- Appointments will be spaced farther apart to give more time for aerosol settling and thorough disinfection of the treatment rooms. Therefore, there may be fewer appointment slot options.
- Due to these strict protocols, we can not offer walk-in appointments at this time.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- We will contact you 24 – 48 hours before your appointment to repeat the pre-screening questions.
- Remember to wear a mask or face covering to your appointment.
- Please minimize the number of personal items you bring into the clinic.
- Please note: Visitors are NOT allowed, except:
- One parent or guardian may accompany a child under age 18.
- One visitor may accompany the patient, if translation or assistance is required. Our staff speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and French.
Entering the Dental Clinic
- Any patients showing signs or symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you enter, and keep it on until we start your dental procedure.
- Please use the provided hand sanitizer when you enter.
- We will check your temperature with a non-contact, infrared thermometer.
- You will complete some forms.
- Please maintain 6 feet or 2 metres distance away from others.
- If needed, please use the restroom prior to entering the sealed treatment room.
- All treatment rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before each patient is seated.
- We have installed magnetically-sealed plastic barriers in the entryways to minimize the spread of aerosols.
- All our treatment rooms have Surgically Clean Air high-volume air filtration units. These machines “capture particulate down to 0.01 microns in size”. We also have air filtration units in the hallway.
- Patients are asked to swish with an iodine mouth rinse for 1 minute.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn and changed between patients.
After Your Appointment
- Please put on your mask and use hand sanitizer again before leaving the treatment room.
- We recommend using Tap To Pay (debit or credit) instead of cash and cheques.
- After every transaction, the check-out desk and credit card machine will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- Please call us if you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
- We may call you 2 weeks after your appointment to follow up.
Other Changes at the Clinic
- Frequently touched surfaces (door handles, pens etc) will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at the front desk.
- There are fewer chairs in the waiting room, and we have removed the water dispenser, magazines and decorations from the area.
- Each staff member must also pass the same COVID-19 screening questions each day they enter the clinic.
- Staff members’ temperatures are taken twice a day.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and understanding with these changes to our practice during this time.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our office at 905 477 2627 or email us at NorthWardenDental@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.